Attending a local bridal show can be a wonderful experience for most couples! Whether you are just in the beginning stages of wedding planning or finalizing details, bridal shows provide a way for you to plan so many different parts of your vision. This is why I’ve put together a list of Bridal Show tips and tricks! (Please note that while the blog primarily addresses the brides-to-be, we highly encourage any grooms to attend the wedding shows as well. Some wedding shows even have areas referenced as the “Man Cave” and/or a bar!
Some examples of vendors you may find at your local bridal show are:
Bridal Gowns & Menswear
Cakes, Catering, & Bartending
Ceremony & Reception Venues
DJ’s, Music & Entertainment
Hair & Makeup Artists
Honeymoon & Travel
Rentals & Decor
Whether you are newly engaged or already a pro when it comes to wedding planning – a bridal show can be an overwhelming experience! Here are some bridal show tips and tricks to make the most out of your attendance!
- First and foremost – choose one specific or even create a special email address where you will keep track of all wedding planning information. This will help keep you organized when you’re speaking with different vendors.
- Research the event! Not all wedding shows are created the same. There are small shows, such as ones that are hosted by a specific venue. These may only have a handful of selected vendors in attendance. There are also extra-large shows where you can find 5, 10, 20+ vendors of each variety. You’ll also want to take note of whether the show has an entrance fee, valet parking, etc.
- If you can, pre-register or RSVP for the bridal show!
- Bring a Friend! Bring your fiancé, your mom, and/or your best friends! They can help you make decisions when it comes to certain wedding services. — Also, if you plan on booking a specific vendor while at an event they may need you AND your fiancé to sign any contracts or officially reserve your date on their schedule.
- Wear Comfy Shoes! You’ll be walking and standing a lot so you might regret wearing those pretty high-heels. I highly recommend comfort over fashion for wedding shows!
- Sample, Sample, Sample! There will be plenty of food & dessert samples to delight your taste buds! We recommend eating a meal before attending the show though since the samples won’t necessarily be quite enough to fill an empty belly!
- Enter to Win! Many companies will be offering special contests & prizes! You never know what you could win! Also, consider printing some address labels that have your name, wedding date, and contact information on them! It will save you time filling out forms at each booth!
- Ask Questions & Take notes! As I mentioned before – these shows can be extremely intimidating to an unprepared bride or groom. You’ll receive A LOT of brochures and information from many types of vendors – so it is important to take note of those that you really like and are impressed with.
- Plan Your Time! If you would like to have a more intimate conversation with any specific vendor, plan on stopping by their booth at a less busy time (as soon as the show opens or towards the end of the show)! Vendors can have people lined up at their booth waiting to speak with them and may not be able to sit down to answer more personal questions during the peak hours of the show.
- Be Ready to Hire! If you really love a vendor and are able to book, I highly suggest doing so at the show or following up with them as soon as possible. Certain vendors (such as venues and photographers) may fill popular wedding dates a year or even two years in advance. So bring your credit card and/or checkbook in case you need to make a payment towards a deposit or retainer.) Some vendors may even have special offers that are only available when booked directly at the show.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN! This is a day specifically designed to celebrate all the fun & excitement of this next chapter in your love story!